Take a look at how an average New Yorker (me) spends her days.
- Hosted an office charity drive and watercolor painted holiday cards for the nonprofit Cards for Hospitalized Children.
- Attended a Lunch and Learn at my office about taking a sabbatical; ate vegetarian sushi from Beyond Sushi (it was pretty tasty!).
- Used by Gilt City voucher for a Japanese pedicure and holiday gel nail art at Sakura Nail & Spa.
- Hosted NYC Playtest, a board game meetup group for designers, in my building’s lounge. Alex and I also tested two of our new games – Cavaliers & Roundheads and Saviors of Japan.
- Ate some tasty, tasty pho with friends at Thai Son (Do not listen to the Yelp reviews! This place is good).
- Visited the Bulletin Mini Mall, an awesome feminist pop-up shop selling super fun gifts for your girl gang. Though I am supposed to be saving money, I admittedly purchased a “Nasty Woman” keychain.
- Scoured Michael’s to find leftover Christmas tree supplies with my friends. They landed on all red ornaments and white lights.
- Helped my friends tree-hunt in Manhattan to no avail. They ended up having to go to the Lowe’s in Brooklyn, which is where I bought my tree the weekend after Thanksgiving!
- Urgently and haphazardly cleaned my loft and set up hot pot prior to hosting my second-ever wholesome Holiday Hangout. (I previously hosted a Friendsgiving with 17 people).
- Played the White Elephant Gift Exchange game. The highlights: someone unwrapping one-ply toilet paper, people being civil and asking permission before stealing gifts.
- Received comments that I am very adult for having a rug and socks on my dining room chairs. Who knew that these were the requirements!
- Uneventful. Mostly worked, slept, and ate!
- First snow day of the year! Stayed cozy indoors and online shopped (the holiday deals are not over yet!).
- Saw a Pomeranian wearing a tiara as soon as I got off the subway on the Upper East Side (classic).
- Used a Gilt City voucher to get high tea at Alice’s Teacup II with my college friend